News of higher education is making headlines. From advances in online education, to discussions surrounding tuition proposals, and other higher education initiatives — how can colleges and universities in Southern California best meet the changing landscape of post-secondary education?
UCLA invites you to attend the Joint Higher Education Reception and Town Hall, which will focus on educational and community issues specific to East Los Angeles. Federal, state, and local elected officials have been invited to participate in this event. Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis and State Senator Ed Hernandez have confirmed their attendance and will be joined by other elected officials. This forum provides stakeholders the opportunity to engage in critical community based conversations.
Invited Guest Speakers:
- U.S. Representative Xavier Becerra
- U.S. RepresentativeJudy Chu
- U.S. Representative Lucille Roybal-Allard
- State Senate President pro Tempore Kevin de León
- State Senator Ed Hernandez
- State Assembly Majority Leader Chris Holden
- State Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez
- State Assemblymember Miguel Santiago
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis
- Los Angeles City Councilmember Gil Cedillo
- Los Angeles City Councilmember José Huizar
The Joint Higher Education Reception and Town Hall is a partnership between UCLA, California State University, Los Angeles (CSULA), East Los Angeles College (ELAC), Pasadena City College (PCC), Los Angeles City College (LACC), and Los Angeles Trade Technical College (LATTC). This event provides an opportunity for you to Raise Your Voice! on higher education.
Thursday, April 9, 2015
California State University, Los Angeles
Student Union Theatre
Reception 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Program 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Kindly RSVP by Tuesday, April 7, 2015.
For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.